Keto Sausage Frittata
Nutrition per serving: Calories 535, Fat 42g, Protein 31g, Carbs 6g
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 4 oz sausage broken into pieces
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlicminced
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pre-Heat oven to 180C
- In an oven-safe skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for about 30 – 40 seconds. Add broken up sausage, and cook until no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl, add heavy cream crumbled ricotta cheese, beaten eggs, salsa and cayenne pepper then pour over sausage pieces
- Place skillet into oven and bake for 20 minutes until starting to firm
- Remove from oven and top with grated cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts and is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing, and serve with sour cream